Data Engineering Manager
Remote, USA/Canada, Full-Time - MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA
How can you apply your technical expertise to help clients transform data into new business value?
4 Mile Analytics is a full-service consultancy with expertise in strategy, data analytics, data engineering, software development, UX design, and product/project management. We believe in the power of data to form compelling narratives that drive innovation. Our guiding principle is to help our clients move up the chain of analytic maturity.
Our consultancy has delivered projects to transform the world’s largest companies. We focus on pragmatic solutions to our clients’ most complex data problems. Every day presents fresh opportunities to develop your technical, leadership, and business skills.
We value in our teammates:
- Curious minds who are inclined to ask, “Why?”
- Strong problem-solvers who are comfortable in unfamiliar situations, and can view challenges through multiple perspectives
- Drive to develop technical skills for oneself and teammates
- Ability to connect with clients and colleagues of different backgrounds and communication styles, through empathy and clear verbal, visual, and written communication
- Equates professional achievement with happy end-users
You’ll work on the following:
- Manage a growing team of Senior Data Engineers to deliver a wide variety of data engineering projects, in collaboration with other 4 Mile practice areas
- Provide hands-on data engineering for client deliveries, in some cases owning the client relationship
- Be a public face of data engineering at 4 Mile, promoting yourself and the company as data engineering thought leaders
What we’re looking for:
- Qualifications for our Senior Data Engineer position
- 2+ years of experience in engineering management, consulting, IT architecture, or product management
- Strong experience with Agile development
- Specific expertise in the following areas:
- Data warehouse design
- Data orchestration (Airflow, etc)
- Supporting data science teams
- Supporting ML feature development
- Demonstrated ability to manage an engineering services team
- Demonstrated skills in people management and mentorship
This position reports to the COO.