Senior Data Engineer
Remote, USA/CANADA, Full-Time - MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA
How can you apply your technical expertise to help clients transform data into new business value?
4 Mile Analytics is a full-service consultancy with expertise in strategy, data analytics, data engineering, and software development. We believe in the power of data to form compelling narratives that drive innovation. Our guiding principle is to help our clients move up the chain of analytic maturity.
Our engineers have contributed to projects that have transformed the world’s largest companies. We focus on pragmatic solutions to our clients’ most complex data problems. Every day presents fresh opportunities to develop your technical, leadership, and business skills.
We value in our teammates:
- Curious minds who are inclined to ask, “Why?”
- Strong problem-solvers who are comfortable in unfamiliar situations, and can view challenges through multiple perspectives
- Driven to develop technical skills for oneself and team-mates
- Ability to connect with clients and colleagues of different backgrounds and communication styles, through empathy and clear verbal, visual, and written communication
- Equates professional achievement with happy end-users
You’ll work on the following:
- A wide variety of data engineering projects, including:
- Building data pipelines (ETL and ELT)
- Data warehouse design and optimization
- Working with large-scale distributed systems
- Developing and architecting highly-scalable solutions that integrate with RESTful API data sources
- Implementing SaaS platforms
- Integrations--in numerous languages, frameworks, and cloud environments.
- Turning raw and complex data from a variety of sources into robust data stories:
- Data cleansing and modeling
- Exploration and visualization for business intelligence
- Productionization of BI and predictive models.
- Work alongside data analysts and business stakeholders to deliver secure, scalable, fault-tolerant and highly-performant solutions.
- Work in collaborative teams across a variety of industries with unique data challenges, data structures, business needs, and security considerations to build new data platforms and customer experiences.
- A diversity of project structures, from optimizing and enriching existing data stacks, to participating in the entire cycle of analytics development and maturity development, ideation to deployment.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with SQL (development, databases, or analytical warehouses)
- Experience developing data pipelines in an ETL or ELT framework
- Strong experience using dbt
- Ability to be a “data expert” in any layer of the analytics stack: data ingestion and processing, data warehousing and modeling, business intelligence, analytics and visualization
- Experience exploring, cleansing, visualizing and reporting on business intelligence reports and/or analytical models.
- Experience designing and optimizing data warehouses (e.g. Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, or on-premise)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, HBase)
- Ability to lead technical design and delivery of complex data projects, including the architectural design, security and data flow of a new analytics stack or optimizations to an existing stack.
- Ability to work with product owners and business stakeholders to align technical solutions with business needs
- Ability to mentor and guide junior data engineers and analysts
- Significant experience building data stacks in at least one cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with Agile methods, such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and self-direction